Maggie Radich - Dietitian
I attended Otago University and obtained a Bachelor of Science majoring in Human Nutrition then went on to complete my Masters to become a Dietitian. My dissertation was on detecting malnutrition in the elderly population.
I love being active and have dabbled in a few areas. Prior to taking up surfing I did a lot of trail and long distance running (completed my first full marathon in 2012).
I love sport and have found the most enjoyment in Basketball and Kickboxing.
I wanted to further my understanding of Sports Nutrition so completed additional study to became a qualified Sports Dietitian - Thanks Sports Dietitians Australia.
Before working as a locum in Scotland and England I worked for Taranaki Base Hospital. I still receive support and clinical supervision from the Dietitians at Base, there is so much knowledge within that network - I am lucky.
In my spare time I'll likely be working at the TRFU, seeing private clients, surfing (or trying to), or going out for coffee (I'm not addicted, I can stop when I want . . . ;) )
Otago University: - New Zealand Registered Dietitian - 20-01718
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Human Nutrition - Registered in the UK by the Health Care Professions Council
- Masters Degree - Dietetics
Sports Dietitan's Australia:
- Qualified Sports Dietitian
Level 1 Accreditation - 2018
2017 - current - Creator and Lead Dietitian at New Plymouth Nutrition, Sports Nutritionist for TRFU
2016 - Locum Dietitian work in England and Scotland - Medical Wards/ Critical Care Unit/ Community Enteral Feeding
2013- Current - Private Work as Dietitian - Sports Nutrition
2013-2016 - Taranaki Base Hospital - General Medical/ Rehab wards/ Stroke Team
My Intentions as your Dietitian
- First and foremost I aim to be professional - this means that any information disclosed during consults remains Private unless consent has been obtained to discuss it with others.
- I am Registered with the Dietitians Board in New Zealand and the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the United Kingdom. This means both NZ and the UK have confidence that the advice I give to my clients is based on GOOD research. If it isn't, I lose my registration.
- I encourage my clients to be the best versions of themselves. In no way do I feel that I have the right to judge their lifestyle, body shape or decisions. I work for my clients.
- Any Information I write on this website or on any forms of Social Media is aimed at the general public and should not be considered advice specific to the reader - that's what consultations are for.
- All opinions voiced regarding products i.e. taste, texture etc are my own. I will declare if I receive samples to review and this will in no way influence my opinion.
I had a consultation with Maggie this week. She is warm, engaging & very knowledgeable. It was great to have a down to earth consult with a professional. Taranaki is lucky to have her.